PLACE: Universidad de Granada (Granada – Spain).
DATE: Thursday 14th, Friday 15th and Saturday 16th of March, 2019.
DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: 30th of September, 2018.
The Spanish Society of General and Comparative Literature (SELGYC) is pleased to announce the XXII SELGYC Symposium, which will take place at the Universidad de Granada (Granada – Spain), during the 14th, 15th and 16th of March 2019.
SYMPOSIUM’S GENERAL TOPICS
- 1. Transcomparatism: Gender and Genres: Feminism and sexuality in comparative literature.
- Literature and feminism/s.
- Literature and homosexuality and/or divergent sexualities.
- Literature and transsexuality or transgenderism.
- Film, literature and genre.
- The Eastern and Western Classical World and its use for non-heteronormative sexuality in literature and the performing arts.
- Alternative literary genres and formats: the experience of self as part of the fictional narration.
- The cento as a form of gender subversion and discourse.
- Comic and graphic novel: popular products that receive an illustrated discourse.
- Gender in literary genres.
- 2. Beyond Literature: Other formats for comparatism (art, internet, popular culture, etc.).
- Comparatism, Intermediacy and Communication Technologies.
- New expression and comparatism forms.
- Internet culture.
- Popular culture versions in different languages.
- New forms of popular culture on the Internet.
- Comparatism in art and literature. Comparatism and communication technologies.
- 3. Chinese Literature: Chinese Literature, Arts and Culture in the World.
- Chinese literature in the letters of the world.
- Representations of other languages and cultures in Chinese literary tradition.
- Chinese poetry, painting, theatre and opera.
- The arts in China and the world: architecture, graphic arts, painting, decorative arts and furniture, gardening, etc.
- Relations between China, Spain and the Hispanic world. Hispanic Orientalism and Chinese Hispanism, etc.
Papers will be presented in different sessions, as will be announced in the final program. Each author will have 15 minutes for presentation and at the end of each session there will be 10 minutes for debate.
Additional information regarding the Symposium and supplying further details relative to transport and accommodation will be published shortly.
XXI SELGYC Symposium · English Call for Papers [PDF]
Etiquetas: Simposios, xxii simposio selgyc